Thursday, October 27, 2016

Commander 2016 my plan of attack

Commander 2016 spoiler season is here! I'm super excited. What plans do you have? My ideas have not stopped since monday...


1st set: As always my first set of decks will simply be put into sleeves and played as they come. There will now be 25 decks in this box of commander precons. I need a better way to store/transport it!!

Commander Smash-up: If anyone has played smash-up you will understand what I'm talking about. I'm going to build 15 (maybe 10, but probably 15) 50 card decks. Each deck will be piloted by one of the 15 partner commanders. When we get into a group we will randomly pick commanders and "smash" the decks together and play. -I also intend on writing more on this very soon.

Rebuild my modular marchesa deck from a grixis deck to 4 color deck deck with Silas leading and his sidekick Akiri helping out. I'll probably have Breya in the 98 and thopter foundry will be a welcome addition.

So, I know I will be build at least 2 full sets +1 of the artifact deck.

Other ideas I may follow up on:

Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis- Landfall deck. I've been working on a Green and Red landfall deck that eventually just kind of went away. I still really like these two colors in landfall, but blue and white have some amazing landfall cards I always wanted to use as well.

Saskia- I really love this card. Unfortunately, I really want to cross out the word soldier and write warrior in here. Maybe I will ignore it and make a BRGW warrior deck and put her in charge anyway. If not I may make a voltron deck with her as my old voltron decks have been taken apart for the most part. Being able to incorporate strengths of 4 colors could be interesting

Not sure about the other 2 4 color legends. Atraxa planeswalkers is surely a thing, but it can't play Nic, my favorite planeswalker. Maybe if I find another form of counters I like (charge? i dunno) I can create a home for her. Yidris has not really inspired me as of yet. The ability isn't all that unique and he kinda feels like a knock-off of many RUG decks I've seen/played.

I know I'm a bit of a fanboy, but I'm super excited to get my hands on these cards!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment