Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Update

It's been a while since I've posted anything, so I figure I could give an update on my magic life (and hopefully come post more often).



I live in Central Oregon which has a fairly small magic scene, but life is busy now days, so maybe that's ok. There are three LGS's here that play magic regularly. My favorite shop is Modern Board Shop and I go in there to draft about twice a month. They have a very casual atmosphere, which is really what I want out of magic lately. They are working on a pauper league, so I'm brewing some fun pauper builds to bring down.

I currently have 3 (non precon) Commander tribal decks built- Giants/Kalemne, Angels/Aurelia, and Dragons/Bladewing. I get together with my friends another 2 or so times a month to play. We tend to play with the precons if there are more than 3 players- I have all the commander precons saved as they came (looking for better storage for them. Holiday gift boxes are not working anymore). My friends donated their magic cards to me as they stopped collecting them, so I am the one who bring the cards and builds anything we play with.

Most of my magic time I spend brewing. Here are some of my projects:

Marchesa- modular, the main thing this deck is missing right now is Marchesa, need to go order that. The deck goldfishes pretty well, just need to actually play it vs an opponent (and get the commander...)

Mardu Slivers- I was playing Mardu Slivers in Tiny Leaders, which has become a non thing to me. The deck was a lot of fun and I'm thinking about how to convert it to commander (more players, more cards, more mana costs). 

Vampires vs Werewolves- The idea here is like a vs deck, but commander style. I'm going to go with BW vampires and RG werewolves. I'm using planeswalkers as the commanders Sorin, Lord of Innistrad vs Arlinn Kord. It should be fun, just need to gather together the cards.

More planeswalker led commander decks. Or group is fine with using planeswalkers as our commanders. One of the issues I had a while back was that there wasn't enough colors represented (or colors poorly represented). Now all 2 color combinations have an option and there are 3 tri-color combinations with available planeswalkers. I feel its time to play some and try them out. I love the mono color planeswalkers that can be played as your commander when playing the precons, so this should be fun. The top commanders on my list (outside the ww vs vamp) are Sarkhan Unbroken, Ashiok, and maybe Garruk, Apex Predator (trying to find direction with him).

Requests- Ive gotten a few requests to work on as well.

One of my friends was playing the RWB precon and she wants to try out  Kaalia with an actual tuned deck.

I just recieved a request on here for my take on RB vampires. So, I will be working on that as soon as I have some time. (I love getting requests by the way).


No comments:

Post a Comment